Saturday, December 27, 2014

change

working on changing the face of this blog and the timeliness in posting.  this photo is precious to me.  these are the siblings mentioned in "more about me".  the year is probably 1956.  location is 619 5th street north, wahpeton north dakota.  daniel looks a bit bored.  charlene still had some of her beautiful blonde curls.  david was the baby and we were all crazy about him. me. four eyes.  from 6 years old on I was completely dependent on those glasses!  (or some such vision correction)  until January of 2014 that is.  cataract surgery and lens implants changed my life.  I do not even use reading glasses any longer. how does it make me feel?  like superwoman.  like I can take on the world.  give me any task and just watch me keep up with you. and that is just what I did this past year. ha!  youthful.  that is what it feels like.  with the exception of a few incidents such as:
  • leaving a restaurant in riverpark.  dutch and I walking along and holding hands  suddenly we hear two teenage girls behind us say "look at those two old people.  aren't they cute.  holding hands!"  of course, we quickly looked around for the two cute old people holding hands. couldn't find them anywhere.
  • or this one:  first visit with my new dentist.  examines my mouth and says "hope my teeth are as good as yours when I am your age" well, he was a kid, I have to admit.  probably out of dental school no more than fifteen years.
  • hair color.  yes hair color.  almost tried to go with out coloring.  not a pretty sight.  so got that out of my system pretty doggone quickly.
and the list could go on.  maybe I will embellish at a future date.  For now, I will leave you with this thought: 
"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."  Isaiah 46:4



No comments:

Post a Comment