Thursday, May 25, 2017
Grandma Jayme, with Kezney and Ally, drove off to California this morning. Kezney finished 3rd grade with all A's and an H for Honor Student. Ally graduated from Kindergarten with 100% on her final testing. They both have worked hard all year! Now for some fun! My daughter gets "Grandma of the Year" award for all the fun she provides for these girls! This is a switch for me. In years past, I was waiting in California for their arrival. Here I am living in Utah and saying "Goodbye". Times they do change!
Friday, December 23, 2016
Robin. Sarah. Natalie. Misty. Smiles!!
Tracy! Becky! Always put a smile on my face!
Let the party begin!
Layton Ladies Rock!
Surprise! Christmas Carolers!
- Potluck is great! A theme such as Appetizers and Sweets.
- Plan on providing the Christmas Punch, water and coffee. Hot Chocolate (lots of whipped cream!) or Hot Apple Carmel Cider is a nice alternative.
- Christmas Punch. Ginger Ale. Hawaiian Punch. Rainbow Sherbert. Pretty punch bowl.
- Prepare a hot appetizer. Costco meatballs with homemade Bar-B-Que sauce in crock pot is a popular (easy) dish.
- Even though it is Potluck, prepare enough foods for those who "forget" "come right from work" or miss reading Potluck on your invite flyer.
- Have enough food on hand in spite of it being Potluck.
- Easy appetizer: Block of Crème Cheese smothered with Raspberry Chipolte Sauce and served with wheat thins.
- A punch bowl full of ice cubes and water and lemon slices is nice alternative to bottled water (and prettier).
- Pinwheel sandwich platter from Costco. Not much work and assures plenty of food.
- Chips and Salsa. Easy. You'll never go wrong!
- Shrimp tray with cocktail sauce. (And if you don't care to keep it easy, I have my sister's fabulous Shrimp recipe I can share with you!)
- I find that lots of people bring sweets, so I tend to beef up on providing the easy appetizers rather than sweets.
- Lots of food on hand!
- A game! Everyone brings wrapped gift. Draw a number. Choose a gift. or steal a gift from someone. Make sure there is stealing to make it fun! The laughter will fill the room.
- A fun wrapping for your gift: Print out pictures from your last year's party. Use as wrapping paper tied with a big red bow.
- Always have an extra wrapped gift on hand. Invariably there will be someone who forgets to bring a gift.
- Lots of food on hand!
- Christmas music softly playing. Even with conversations going on, add so much atmosphere.
- More games,ice breakers. Depending on your crowd.
- Read the Christmas Story from Luke. Preface this with some Old Testament Prophecies fulfilled in the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It's why we are here. Celebrating "For unto us a child is born...."
- Christmas Carolers coming to the door is such a nice surprising touch your guests will not forget.
- A basket full of hand crèmes (or other appropriate gift) is a nice touch. Hand them out as guests are leaving and you are thanking them for coming.
- Christmas Party! Easy Peasy!
Movie Ladies Kicking Up Some Fun!
We've now been together for a year!
Monday Ladies! Together since September!
Dinner Together Mondays
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Monday, January 11, 2016
My daughters, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding—indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.—Proverbs 2:1–8 (NIV)
Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.—Proverbs 4:25–27 (NIV)
The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life.—Proverbs 10:11 (NIV)
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.—Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
Diligent hands will rule.—Proverbs 12:24 (NIV)
FEET AND LEGS
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.—Proverbs 3:5–6 (NIV)
I am committed to praying for Mila and Ally and from head to toe.