Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week In Review:

1.  I am delighted it is Sunday, a new week, new beginnings.  It always feels like a
     fresh start and I like that. 
2.  Last week was quite full and I expect this week to be everybit as busy. 
And because earrings are about the only things I can fit into, last week I started back to the gym.  GB3.  Close to home.  Lots of equipment.  Steam room.  Pool.  Everything I need, so it should be so easy!  And once I am there, it is.  And even after only five days, I feel healthier.  Back to the gym is good - I just need to make it a life style.  And KEEP GOING MONDAY through FRIDAY!!!


3.  Last Tuesday was the first day of the Precept class I joined.  It is so good to be back.  Excellent teacher!  and then every Tuesday night is the Bible Study in my home.  I wasn't sure if we would continue, even though we have been meeting weekly since 2006.  God has always brought the women to this study,  He is doing it once again.  I always tell them "It's no coincidence that you are here!"  And once again I see God orchestrating the dynamics of this group, so I am just going to get out of the way!
4.  Friday morning I had the prayer group at my house.  Then Friday afternoon I had two doctor's appointments.  Long day!  Catscan and prep work done in preparation for my radiation treatment.  My doctor at the Center is young and beautiful - she looks like a "movie star doctor"!  2nd doctor visit was with my regular oncologist and I think he is just the kindest man.  That visit went well and I won't have to see him again until after my treatment. 
5.  Saturday morning busy cooking (for the movie/dinner that's taking place at my house Sat. night).  Then an unexpected and sweet visit with my 90 year old aunt and her life-long girlfriends, also my dear cousin from Alaska.  Saturday ended with  the "Tues. Night Bible Study girls"  coming over for "movie night" and dinner.    It was a great time with some new women joining us.
6.  Above I only touched on a few highlights of the week.  This week I will hear from the C.C. and begin my radiation treatment.  "Movie -Star Doctor" said 5 weeks, not 6 weeks of radiation, that warmed my heart a bit.  I am all for getting this over with!  (and yes, patience has been a big lesson in all of this).  Friday was emotional for me.  Now I am over that and SO ready to move on.  I realize I am so blessed to have this detected sooooooooo early.  Thank you Lord!  His faithfulness is so sweet and I am full of gratitude.  And continuing to develop perseverence! "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize!"  1 Corinthians 9:24
7.  Last, but not least, let me mention my husband ---  he is my Rockstar!  and then really last, but not least, I can't end a post without a picture of Ally and Shannon!

1 comment: