Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Saying good-bye is so hard to do!

Today I put my camera up on the top shelf.....far out of reach of little hands with sticky fingers.  Then realized no need to do so.  Those adorable little hands and sticky fingers have returned home.  No more jabbering and child laughter echoing throughout this house.  No more toys and books and boxes and spoons and makeshift instruments and little chairs.  No longer dolls lined up in a row on the couch.  No blocks to trip over in the middle of the room. No more doll house with a little girl ringing the door bell or flushing the toilet (yes!  it really does that!)   Pretty empty!  Yet, I can hardly call it empty when I have had such fun and constant activity since July 1st!  The memories are tremendous and every time I start weeping, I look at pictures and memories flood any emptiness that tries to enter.  I have been blessed with one of the busiest summers and my heart feels GRATITUDE!

We drove to Sacramento on Monday and they left from the Sacramento Airport on Tuesday morning.  As you can see, Ally had a ball staying in the hotel.  She is always happy and the trip wasn't hard on her at all.  My sister went with us (thanks Char!  that was sacrificial giving to be away  from home this week!  love you!)   This all reads about Ally, but saying good-bye to Shannon was just as difficult.  She is and always has been #1 granddaughter!  Miss you Shanna Banana! and thanks....when I got home discovered all the towels had been laundered and folded, sheets changed and washed, bathroom cleaned up.  You left it spotless! xxoo to you! 





This staying in a hotel room is fun!

One of many favorite books

Favorite because it has a mirror on the last page!

Having  fun with Auntie Char

Showing off in my Fresno Chaffee Zoo t-shirt..

It was REALLY special having great auntie Char with us

Making  silly faces on the airplane - turned out to be a good trip

Home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment