Friday, January 18, 2013

Reflecting on last night

See previous post from November stating I was back to blogging on a regular basis.  Ha!  Sometimes life just gets in the way!  Now....no excuses.  Here I am - ready to share a tad bit of my life and some thoughts. 

Reflecting on last night when some of the Tuesday Night Ladies went to Evangel Home to put on the Chapel Service with Pastor Kim as our speaker. How marvelous it was.  Besides feeling a love for the women who are living there, and enjoying getting to know them a wee bit,  and singing and worshipping together, we heard from Pastor Kim.  A sermon?  No.  She said that's for Sunday morning.  This was a conversation she had with all the ladies as she shared her heart using play dough and scriptures to illustrate how we need to know who God is....and the god He is not.  Even those who were disengaged earlier in the evening were caught up as the conversation got going! 

My take aways from the message:
God loves me.
God adores me.
God knows me.
 and
that is what He wants of me.
To  love  Him.
To adore Him.
To know Him.
I will get to know Him from His Word.  Checking out everything I hear about Him by going to His Word. 
My second take away was this:
I  praise Him for who He is.
I thank Him for what he does.
 


My evenings just don't get any better than this one!  And now, to top off this post, here's a photo of some Tuesday Night Bible Study Ladies.  DeeDee.  Luz.  Moi. Anita.  Many are missing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment