Thursday, May 16, 2013

water! nourishment for the plant. nourishment for my soul.

I am sitting outdoors this morning with my first cup of coffee.  hearing the birds sing - love this orchestra of sound!  a gift from my Creator! 
     yesterday morning - sitting out here, same spot, I wondered why I couldn't hear the birds singing.  sad.  we hadn't bought bird seed in awhile....maybe that was it.  it was so quiet - and yet I knew my trees were full of birds.
     how often is it like that with God's voice?  He is right here but I do not hear Him.  is it because I'm not listening?  distracted with other things?  instead of listening to the most important One in my life? 
     today He is being so gracious:
  • birds singing loudly from all directions
  • a light wind causing this cool breeze, hear the rustling of the branches, see the waving of the leaves, all bowing to their Creator.
  • plant has revived....the one that was in full bloom, beautiful, seemed to withstand the heat wave so well.  and then yesterday morning:  completely wilted.  gone.  drooping down the sides of the planter.
    • I had NOT WATERED!!!
    • too busy.  too hot. "probably been watering too much anyway".  lazy.
    • so a good - loooooong watering yesterday morn.
      • drenched
      • dripping
      • saturated
    • and this morning - plant has resurrected!
    • where there was no life, now  stalks revived: straight & tall & strong - lots of buds & even blossoms opened.
    • alive!  prospect for a thriving season is promising....as long as I
      • water
      • water
      • water
    • nourishment for the life of the plant!

now I know there's a spiritual lesson somewhere in this.
my soul was made to thrive!  not to dry up.  limp.  passionless.

as tim keller says:  the bible says your soul needs love!  rapture!  passion! 

keller continues, God says "I am not just a remote force.  let me tell you what I built you for:  I want to be the lover of your sou!  I want to be the center of your heart!  that's what I made you for!"   God says, "I want you in My arms!"

this morning.......watering. 
                           watering. 
                           watering
                           my soul. 
                           running after Him to fill this empty heart
                                                                                          
                           this morning I am in His arms.







No comments:

Post a Comment