Saturday, May 7, 2011

Feelin' some joy today!

How would you define joy?  Well, I looked it up and each definition surely describes what I am feeling today.   Definition of joy  –noun

1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation: She felt the joy of anticipating the arrival of her daughter.

2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated: just the thought of time with her daughter was pure joy.

3. the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.

4. a state of happiness or felicity.

And the reason for all this joy today?  At 6:30 I will be at the airport picking up my daughter!  She's in the air now, on her way to surprise me for Mother's Day.  And since she has never been able to keep a secret.....I already know about her visit.  She told me yesterday afternoon.  And I am so glad to know in advance because I was then able to prepare some things for her visit:
  • Put fresh sheets on her bed.  It's too warm for the flannel sheets that were on there for winter.
  • Cut some fresh flowers.
  • Clean her bathroom.
  • Charge my camera battery.
  • Plan meals.
  • Relish in the anticipation of her weekend visit.  Short as it will be.  The time together will be splendid!
  • my precious daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment