Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The week that was quite interesting

  • Just got my computer back about twenty minutes ago.  After days of a sluggish computer, finally took it in to the Geeks and now it is running beautifully again.  I really missed this thing!  Now....I will spend some time and clean up and organize the hundred's of emails,  return to Facebook after a long relapse and last,  but definitely not the least:  do a little updating on this blog! 
  • I was furloughed!  Sooner than I expected.  A shorter season of work than I have ever had.  But quite delighted to sleep in past 5:30 a.m. Certainly will miss that paycheck though!
  • Not once....but twice my washing machine has flooded the laundry room in the past couple of weeks.  Both times the Dutchman was working out of town.  (My typical response of D...U....T.....C......H...Help! was not heard by him).  Sweeping water out the back entrance and setting up fans to dry the floor has not been my favorite thing this week.  I now have a new washing machine. :)
  • Another trip to the DMV and my frustration began to show.  Seriously.  An apology before I left.  Me...I'm the one who apologised....to the clerk and to the manager I demanded requested to see.  As I said, my frustration  anger was showing.... and I'm not too proud of that.
  • I have lost the cord to charge my Kindle!!  Groan!  It is now completely out of power and I am unable to read Eric Metaxas' Bonhoeffer which I had been so looking forward to. 
  • The Dutchman is now home and my life, as always, is oh so good. 
  • I will end with a sweet picture of this happy great-grand baby of mine........whom I get to see when she comes to visit me next month!  Just look at that smile. What a charming girl baby she is!   She is held by our precious Shannon, who is such a good mama.   And there is Snickers, their beloved cat, who has been stirrng up trouble in the neighborhood lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment