Thursday, February 3, 2011

quoting from Daily With The King

 

"Lord, I have often been guilty of "fussiness" in my relationship to You. I have not been "like a weaned child (who) rests against his mother" (Psalm 131:2) with You. I have fretted because I didn't have my daily devotional instead of being content with being devoted. I have worried because I have not prayed enough instead of making my life itself a prayer. Too often my deep inward relationship to You is disturbed because I feel I must constantly prove myself to You. . . .


Lord, if I am fussy with You, how fussy I will be toward others! My holiness will become prickliness, and others will avoid me like a plague. If my spirituality offends others, it is a sign that I am too self-conscious of it. I should be the last person in the world to know that I am a blessing to others. I must be as Moses, who "did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with (God)" (Exodus 34:29). Give me that holy indifference to the effects of godliness, which is in itself godliness.


Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child rests against his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me" (Psalm 131:2)"


Daily with the King, W. Glyn Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment