Friday, November 4, 2011

The Week in Review:

    Dan enjoying after breakfast coffee when he first arrived...14 months ago
    Wednesday afternoon, Dan leaves California for North Dakota
  1. It's November!  Full of possibilities.  Started out the month with a big change.  On November 2nd, my brother left the warm sunny state of California and may I say, warm sunny household of his sister and b-i-l  :), and returned to live in North Dakota, just in time for cold, blustery, snowy weather!  His choice! 
  2. The Dutchman, always the picture of health, had a night in the hospital this week.  No fun!  Thinking it was appendicitis, we were in ER from 1:00 - 6:30 a.m.  Very scarey to see this man of mine in so much pain.  After the catscan, determined not app.  but something calleed epolilic appendigits.  Try pronouncing that one, let alone spelling it!  He's on road to a fast recovery and preparing himself for a full work load.  Always focused on others, he would not be too happy with the world feeling sorry for him so I am posting this picture of him in a beautiful spot......taken about an hour after leaving Ogden  just 3 weeks ago.
  3. After a very short "return to duty", I have been furloughed.  Barely enough time to get used to the 5:30 mornings and my work routine.  So now a break until January or February.   :) Wouldn't mind the work though.

  4.  House painting almost complete.  I was so unsure about this color when we started.  The trim shade of green is perfect for my Florida man, but I saw it and began thinking of flamingos on the front lawn.   Now I love it.  Front and back yards look beautiful.  Now if we just had a separate place for all the trucks so we wouldn't look like Motel Six!    (Sorry.  No complaining.  It's our bread and butter and I am thankful!)  
 





  5.  My scripture verse for this month is Psalm 121:1.  In fact the whole chapter of  Psalm 121.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I tried to talk Dan out of it on the phone last Saturday—fat chance! I'm sure you too expect him back very soon.

    Glad Dutch only had a epileptic appendix.

    ReplyDelete